Strobe Lighter

MY LIFE. MY THOUGHTS. MY WORDS.

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.

The first step is sometimes the hardest. When I'm struggling to feel inspired about dieting, I think my body is a temple, but only if I treat it as one. My fat does scare me. It's like a ticking time bomb. Once my diet's established, there will still be days when I know I will try to convince myself that there's no point. I need to keep in mind that choice, not chance, determines my destiny. My Goal: FREEDOM. Taking it one day, one choice, one meal at a time. I'm struggling with my journey, back on the road of Sexiness.

In the end I hope to attribute my success to the fact that I never gave or took any excuse. When I'm struggling to get up and get going, on my; exercise plans, or if I have not quite worked up the motivation to work out, I will try to remember that it's not who I am that holds me back, but who I think I'm not, because a day will never be anymore than what I make of it. Exercise isn't just good for my body, but it's also good for my soul. When I feel a bit down, I'll get up and get moving, by trying to reduce the amount of medication I take for my RA. A vigorous 2 to 5 mile walk will do more good for me (an unhappy but otherwise unhealthy adult) than all the medicine and psychology in the world.

It's trite but true that we all have twenty-four hours in every day. Whenever my excuse for not exercising is "I don't have time", perhaps a push for me will help to rethink my priorities. I must remind myself that if I think I have no time for bodily exercise will sooner or later I will have to find time for illness. (mental note to self: You will never find time for anything. If you want time, you must make it). Whenever I have caught the fitness bug and I'm not striving for bigger goals, I may be in need of some inspiration once in a while. When I'm challenging myself to reach greater heights, think that I am never really playing an opponent. I am playing myself, my own highest standards, and when I reach my limits, that is real joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment