Strobe Lighter

MY LIFE. MY THOUGHTS. MY WORDS.

My Funny Valentine...

Before Valentine's came, many thoughts of last year's Valentine's. Last year, Sherwin was the Elder Quorum President at our old Lehi 42nd Samoan Ward. He and his incredible members of the Presidency, Bro. George Sauvao & Bro. Sisi Vaea planned an fascinating formal dinner and dance for couples only. Of course, children were watched in the Primary room. We played games during dinner, which included singing, complimenting, dancing and making up poetry for our spouses. Of course, with my luck, Sho and I got called up for Poetry. They sat him down on the chair, in front of me and everyone else that attended. I had 2 minutes to come up with a Poem to express my love in public for Sho. Here's what I came up with:

No words could never profess,
or ever completely express,
Everything I feel for you,
You know is true,
Sherwin, I love you, I honestly do. . .
Always have and always will.

Dinner and dancing was simply marvelous. I couldn't have asked for a perfect night with my husband and friends from church. On Sunday, we (Sho and I), along with Bro. and Sis. Fitu were invited to speak in a Special Valentine's Fireside about Love. I was the introduction speaker. Introduced Sho and I and told our story of how we met, how I quickly feel in love with him, how I waited for him during our ON and OFF time, together. But, most importantly how much I loved him and the blessings he brought to my life. It was a whole lot of comedy, laugh and kicks for the congregation, to hear us couples, talk about our significant other. However, to me it was hearing my husband for the first time, talk about why he fell in love with me. It was magical. It was a perfect Valentine's weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment