Strobe Lighter

MY LIFE. MY THOUGHTS. MY WORDS.

212 The extra degree...

It's one day before my birthday and I'm proud to admit I'm turning 29 years young. However, I'm ashamed to admit that where and who I am right now, was not part of my original plan. It's better! Though as happy as I am with the outcome, there's always room for improvement in my life. So, here I am, my last day at 28 and I am graciously embracing the opportunity for growth.

Today, I attended a motivational meeting at work, with low expectations of what I would gain but to my surprise, I was motivated and inspired. 212 was what I received. My new goal: Cease to Complain. Amazing what an impact your attitude can make, not only on yourself but also on those around you. I thought about my husband and how my complaining affects his mindset everyday. I thought of my daughters whining, affecting my reaction to her needs and wants or how my negativeness discourages my family. 212 the extra degree is a combination of simple truths to reinforcing core values. It drives continual awareness of our responsibilities and actions. It's my new way of thinking and acting. It prompts me to take extra action as applying the extra degree would result in greatness and success.

Today, is my last day of repetitive routine. It's time to break out of my comfort zone. It's time to make my dream an actual goal with deadlines. It's time for me to be who I thought I might have been. Someone amazing to myself, to my family and to my friends. I was told once that the line between failure and success is so fine that we are often on the line and don't even know it. I am making it my goal to cross that line with a little bit of effort and patience. Just a little bit every day. Consistency is the key. Just a little everyday. I have been a Customer Service Representative now for almost 15 years and have become quite the expert at pleasing the other party by providing fair win/win resolutions. I have just now realized that Customer Service is not just a department but an it's an "Attitude". If I were to apply these skills and attitude to my family and friends at home, my life would breeze by as a WIN/WIN solution. This is not only going to be my New Year's resolution, but it's going to be my life's metaphor, which begins with my first day of being 29 years young.

To be cont...

No comments:

Post a Comment