Strobe Lighter

MY LIFE. MY THOUGHTS. MY WORDS.

Alana's Prayer

Every morning and night our little family gets together to pray. Each time, we take turns to pray. Alana would really knee, listen and concentrate on what was declared in mine and Sherwin's prayer. She would always ask Mommy & Daddy, why our prayers were so long. We would explain to her that we had a whole lot to be thankful for. We also mentioned that we wanted to make sure we ask the Lord to bless everyone and that we didn't want to forget anyone who may need the blessings more than we do. The next night, was Alana's turn to pray. I believe this was the longest prayer ever sustained in our home.

She prayed and prayed and prayed,

"Our Dear Heavenly Father, we thank thee for this day. Thank you for all the blessings. Thank you for the Prophet and President of the United States. Thank you for Jesus and the Holy Ghost. We thank you for everything. Please bless Mommy and Daddy that they will have the power to go to work and please make me smart to stay in school. Please bless Grandma and Grandpa that they will never die, because I really really need them. Please bless all my aunties and my uncles, Mone, Jerome, Jr, Peter and Ashly. Please bless Pearl and her baby. Bless Jazmyn, Diana and Ariana. Please bless my Nana & Papa far away in California, that I miss them so so much. Please bless my other Papa far away in heaven that he will still love me. Please bless Spencer, Lisa, Sherman, Chrystal, Hadyn, Mady, Riah and Riah's mom and dad. Bless Clarice and Leina. Bless Ms. Monson and Ms. McCage. Bless my Principal and my friends at school. Bless Thomas S. Monson. Bless the Missionaries. Bless our Bishop. Heavenly Father, please bless mommy and daddy so they can exercise together and have a baby. I promise to be a good girl and not steal or lie, so you can give us a baby. And, bless my school that all the kids are nice to each other and bless the lunch lady so she won't stamp my hand again. Bless mommy to have the power to walk so she can have a good birthday. Heavenly Father we love you and Jesus and we say this in his name, Amen."

Prayer is not asking. It's a longing of the soul. It's daily admission of one's weakness. It is better in pray to have a heart without words than words without a heart. Alana has a whole lot of heart. She prays for others. I'm so proud of her prayers. I know the Lord listens to his children. I know he hears her prayers. Believe me when I say this has totally helped our family. I strongly suggest that a family that prays together, does really stay together.

1 comment:

  1. Awww...that was so sweet! Thank you Lana for the extra blessing for Riah, Mady and Riah's mom and dad hehe I love listening to children pray...it's definitely the purest form of communication. Ü xoxo

    ReplyDelete