Strobe Lighter

MY LIFE. MY THOUGHTS. MY WORDS.

3 Strikes 4 Me

So July 21st was the fabulous date that the infamous "ShoLuv" was born. . .HOORAH. On Sunday before his birthday my huneybunches decided he didn't want to celebrate it on Tuesday because he wanted to work for double time pay. Ok. Ok. Ok. Fine by me. Whatevers clever. Tuesday rolls around and I'm like thinking this is the best day to hook up his gift. On top of buying him the IPhone, I'm thinking I want to add a little something something that he would want and not the usual, "what he needs" gifts. So what else would he want other then "SHO Time" and what does this ding dong do during "Sho Time"? Video games! So I'm like, "Hey Lana, let's get Daddy a video game" and of course she agrees, cause MaMa is always right, right? sike! Anyways, I get to Game Stop and buy him NCAA 2010 take it home and dress it up with an All Natural gift bag and tissue. All natural, aye? LOL. Something I want to quickly mention is that my little bumpkin LanaBear has been trained by her daddy to keep it on "The Low" about what he's spending when MaMa's not around. With that being said, Lana doesn't say a freaking word to me about anything. She just smiles when asked if she thinks daddy would like this new game. So I'm thinking YAY let's surprise him with this right before bed, so I can get a little something something too. *winks* Great plans goes down the toilet when Lana comes running out with "Daddy, Daddy, We got you something special and I'm just feeling like I just want to choke her, at this point. So, he opens our small add on gift and smiles. It was a suspicious smile. You know the kind that reads, "OH SNAP", "MY BAD" and "*&$%#@". So I'm glaring at him and giving him that "WTF" look. He says's nonchalantly, I got this game already. UGH... ERRR.... ***Strike 1***

Wednesday rolls around, and I have an early Doctor's appointment to check my eyes. I'm excited now I can get my new colored contacts. Yippee, YaY, Yo, No! I'm reading the letters feeling confident that I'm good. Then *drum rolls* your going to need glasses. Not contacts. He's says, "I'm recommending glasses" and I'm thinking, "My eyes are what? Glasses what? UGH... ERRR.... ***Strike 2****

Before my baby Sho's B'day, we've been talking about how old we are turning. Dumb dumb dumb me did the Math and was like, "Yes, baby you are going to be 33". My husband was so adamant in his argument and insisted that he was only turning 32. I mean he was just irritated with me when I would mention 33. So finally I drop it and stupid me was all rolling with his flow like whoa. So I bought a cake for him and his clients then orders his B'Day cupcakes because this is what he wanted I got all excited about the Lion, Elephant and Gorilla on his cupcakes because he's been all into the Animal Planet. During some last minute shopping I realize I didn't get any new candles for his cupcakes. So I grab 2 candles, 3 and 2. So we have his BBQ and only family invited as he suggested it should be a private get together. As the day ended we let the fire in the pit die down and turn on the decorative patio lights. We lit up the Fire pit and started to relax. I decided to go in the house and grab his cupcakes. I lit up the candles and being excited that I was rushed out to the patio to present them to him and start singing. As we sing Happy Birthday to him, I couldn't help but to notice that everyone was glaring at the cake with a question mark in their eyes. Then, my father in law turns to me and whispers, "You have it wrong, my son is 33". My husband of course busted out in a loud laugh, then stopped and gave me this dumb found look, trying to look all lost. UGH... ERRR.... ***Strike 3***

No comments:

Post a Comment